The essential Guidebook to Rock Climbing in Thailand and Laos
The seventh edition of the GuideBook:
“Rock Climbing in Thailand and Laos”
Published June 2014.
Retail Price: Only EURO 27, – or US$40,-
- Covers all climbing areas in Thailand and Laos (only Chiang Mai is not in full detail).
- In the main part: all new routes on the 50 sectors in Railey and Tonsai (Pra-nang peninsula). All routes newly evaluated and labelled according to their bolt status. Plus: two new sectors at Ao Nang.
- A full chapter on Deep Water Soloing and all routes on islands close to Tonsai and Railay
- Covers all island climbing on Ko Phi Phi, Ko Yao Noi, Ko Lao Liang and bouldering on Ko Tao.
- Covers all climbing in Laos, including the new crag at Thakhek.
- Plus info on side trips to Malaysia.
- 312 pages of which 16 are full-colour pages that show amazing climbing pictures of all destinations.
- Another 8 full-colour pages on the rebolting effort that has changed climbing in Krabi.
- New user-friendly labeling of the bolt status of each route. Easy to understand the rebolting progress even for first-time visitors. Bolt pictures on cover flap allow quick and easy check while at the crag.
- Topo maps drawn from climbers’ perspective and route details authored by local climbers at all destinations.
- Recommended routes at each grade level, a crag planner and various tick lists get you on the rock fast.
- Sample trip itineraries plus travel and accommodation advice give you all you need to know before you go.